The OF Blog: Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day

Friday, January 21, 2011

Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day


Just a reminder for all you Squirrelists who visit this blog:  Today is Squirrel Appreciation Day, that one day out of the year where we offer up nuts of all sorts (including politicians) to squirrels, rabid or not.  Be sure to read the link provided above for fun tips and activities to make the 2011 Squirrel Appreciation Day awesome for both you and your squirrel overlords.

Oh, one final thing:  today is also National Hug Day, but be careful hugging squirrels.  They do want your nuts, after all.

5 comments:

J m mcdermott said...

I have a squirrel in Farmville. Every day or two, I harvest its nuts.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not losing my nuts now!

Larry Nolen said...

So there's a reason to play Farmville? :O

I made my students throw peanuts and almonds to the squirrels outside :D

Dan Goodman said...

Larry,
If you haven't watched this video before, I advise you: watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPepCVepCg&feature=channel

Squirrels+ BBC British lip syncing= all kinds of awesome!

Larry Nolen said...

Nice! Should have been just squirrels, though, but that's just me, I suppose.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites