The OF Blog: Review plans for this week

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Review plans for this week

Since completing the 40 reviews in 40 days personal challenge on the 16th, I've taken a mini-break from reviewing here.  However, I plan on reviewing several books this week.  Below are the titles (not in exact order) that I aim to have reviewed by Saturday evening:

Shane Jones, Crystal Eaters

Andrés Neuman, Talking About Ourselves

Lydia Davis, Can't and Won't:  Stories

Cristovão Tezza, O Professor (Portuguese)

Lily King, Euphoria

Can Xue, The Last Lover

I've read all but the Xue (about 40 pages into that one) and there were some promising things about each that I liked when I read them over the past few weeks.  Each is very different from the others and that perhaps is a very good thing.  Also finished Lev Grossman's The Magician's Land, but I'm going to wait until the first week in August before I post that review.  I will say that it was a very good conclusion and there are things about it that are lingering with me now, but those are more personal memory triggers than anything that should be a central part of a review.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites